Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Lovin



When I was little, the one man who brought Sunshine to my life was my dad.
I never saw him mad. I never saw him sad. I never saw him mean. He was the rock of our family.
He is still with us, but he is not the same. He has an illness that keeps him from talking, or laughing. I see him smile at times, as best as he can. You can see it in his eyes mostly. He used to love to laugh.

One of the highlights of my Summer so far was seeing him on Father's Day.
It was great. He seemed to enjoy the outside events his Nursing Home had. There was live music which seemed to lift his spirits. Dad has always loved music. One day in Heaven he will sing again. He will laugh again. He will hug again. I believe arms were made for hugging. I miss his hugs. I've needed them, but am unable to receive them, at least for now. One day I will again. It will be a glorious day.

Another "Summer Lovin" I'm enjoying is the fact that I have a Mama duck setting on her eggs underneath one of my shrubs. This is a first for me. I talk to her. I've named her Dori. She is very shy and very protective, like all good mama's are. I'm anxiously waiting to hear soft chirps from under that shrub. It is taking forever! I sure hope I'll be home the day they emerge and head for the pond. I'll have my camera in hand, for sure!

I also enjoy flowers this time of year. There were GLORIOUS roses for sale at my Market today. I wanted them all, but settled for a great photograph instead. I have a yellow rose bush. I dry the petals to put into my romantic handmade tamilyn journals.

I've been creating extra items for my online shops as well as for my shop-to-be.
I plan on opening a shop within a shop by Labor Day weekend.
Our garage is getting a little crowded with all my Shabby Chic and stenciled display furniture.
It's coming along nicely...I even found a bargain chandelier and cannot wait to "set up shop!" Planning is half the fun! If you are local it will be at: The Shops On West Ridge.

Stop by my online shops sometime, until then I will attach some photos for you here.

 I now include sheer gift bags with all my Romantic Keepsake Fabric Journals!
Have a great Summer!

P.S. Look carefully at the 2nd from last photo and you will see Dori!!

XX Tami Lyn
www.tamilyn.etsy.com
www.pillowsbytamilyn.etsy.com
www.photoprintsbytamilyn.etsy.com







1 comment:

Traci Little said...

I love that man! Such a good post Mommy.